Today, I get some much-needed R&R after a long day at the Ohio Wildlife Rehab class. I was rather tired and didn’t get up until almost noon. Not much pain in my head, and the stiff neck feeling was finally going away. Over the last two days, I’ve felt closer to normal but still a lot of dizziness especially when looking up, standing up, lying down and making other sudden movements.
I ate soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. Later, for dinner, I had Donato’s pizza. Chicken, spinach and mozzarella cheese pizza is one of my favorites! Did you know that pizza comes from the Latin root word Picea which means “the blackening of the crust by fire”? Oh wow, and October is US National Pizza Month too. That’s the month of my birthday.
Here are some more interesting facts from Pizza.com:
- Popular pizza toppings in Japan include squid and Mayo Jaga (mayonnaise, potato and bacon)
- 94% of Americans eat pizza regularly
- 93% of Americans have eaten pizza in the last month
- Americans eat approximately 100 acres of pizza a day (that’s about 350 slices/second)
- Popular gourmet toppings are chicken, oysters, crayfish, dandelions (?!?), sprouts, eggplant, cajun shrimp, artichoke hearts and tuna
- Over 5 billion pizzas are sold worldwide each year
- Pizza deliverers claim women are better tippers
- The world’s fastest pizza maker can make 14 pizza in 2 minutes and 35 seconds
Other than some good eats, it was a pretty uneventful day. I just sat around and played on my laptop computer.
That Cat Lover Supreme looks like the purrrrfect pizza! What’s your favorite pizza?